Aswan is full of treasures from different historical eras and different cultures and religions. Consider the Hidden Gems of Aswan if you have already visited the highlighted sightseeing that includes Philae Temple, High Dam, and the Unfinished Obelisk. This tour will explore more the West Bank of the Nile with its Nubian civilization, ancient deserted Monastery, Wide Virgin Nile and Grand Tombs that were built for the Nobles.
Aswan and Nubia Heritage Tour: Starts with a felluca (small boat) ride down the stream of the River Nile for approximately 4.5 km. Passing through high hills of Sand Dunes covering the Western Bank of the Nile. To land at the sandy shores close to the Mausoleum of Aga Khan who was the leader of a Sufi sect in Islam. Walk for about half an hour to reach the deserted Monastery of Simeon, right next to the current inhabited one. The Old Monastery is open for visits and you are allowed to walk inside the monastery and learn about all the chambers and life of the monks inside it. Rest on a high hill for a short picnic and then walk or ride a camel (both options are included although walking would be more soothing) behind the high hills to reach the Nobles Tombs from the North. A short out of this world desert flavor. The Tombs were carved deep in the mountain reaching the depth of up to 18 meters for the Nobles to bury their bodies after death. After a detailed visit of the Tombs, take a short Felluca Ride across the Nile to the East Bank where the city is, head to the market for lunch. Then walk southwards on the Cornish of Aswan (most of the streets via the river banks or on the shores of the sea in Egypt are named Cornish) till we reach the Grand Nubian Museum. The tour inside the museum could last up to 3 hours, during which you will learn about the Nubian Civilization which was the sister civilization of the Ancient Egyptians, also learn about the old Nubian villages and tows that are now under water. Visit the arts and crafts center at the museum. At the end of the day, our tour van will drive you back to your hotel. Wishing you a pleasant stay in Aswan.
- Trip Duration: Full day.
- Trip Time: From 9 am to 5:30 pm.
- Trip Season: All year round.
- Trip Theme: Leisure, Recreational, Off the Beaten Track, Hidden Gems and Heritage.
- Trip Climate: Warm Winter.
Price: USD$65 per person
Aswan and Nubia Heritage Tour
RESERVATION DEPOSIT: (USD$25) Rest of payment upon pick up.
CONTACT US: +201067325002 or Email: email@example.com
- Deposit/full payment min. two days before the trip date.
- Prices per person.
- For private small or big groups please contact us.
- 09:00 Pick up from the hotel and head to starting point in Gharb Seheil Nubian Village.
- 09:30 Starting a Felluca ride north with the river stream to reach the Aga Khan Mausoleum.
- 10:30 Walk towards the Monastery of Saint Simeon and visit the Monastery.
- 12:00 small picnic then walk towards the Nobles Tombs.
- 13:30 Visit the Tombs and ride a felluca crossing the Nile to the East Bank and head to the market for lunch.
- 14:30 Walk southwards on the Corniche of Aswan and head towards the Nubian Museum.
- 17:30 Tour van will pick you up after touring the museum and drop you at your hotel.
- Optional Tours:
- 17:30 head to the port for Heisa Island Boats. Take the ride to Heisa Island and get welcomed by a local Nubian family which will lead you to their house to enjoy a Nubian dinner and evening.
- 22:00 return to the hotel. USD$25 per person.
- All road and boat transfers.
- Entrance fees.
- Guidance. English speaking guides.
- Camel ride.
- 2 small water bottles per customer.
- Personal expenses and lunch.
- Program might be amended without prior notice.
- Cancellation fees.
- Non-refundable deposit (USD$25) for cancellation.
- + 50% for cancellations two days before the trip date.
- 100% for cancellations one day before the trip or for a no-show.
- Please notify us if you plan to settle the rest of your payment via Credit Card or in a different currency than USD$. For Visa, Master Cards & PayPal please add a supplement of 3.5% for the amount to be paid.
- The quotation is based on the current exchange rate of USD$1 = EGP18.00 any significant change in the USD$ exchange rate against the EGP will directly affect the quotation.