The exclusive hike trail of mount Abbas in St. Catherine is a designed trip for those who are willing to go off the beaten track and explore the ruins of King Abbas site.
Sinai Hiking Trails – Mount Abbas Hike
Khedeive Abbas or the King of Egypt a century ago built a castle on the top of a Mountain Peak. Fancy hah. News spread about a plague, probably ta3oon, and he wanted a place in the safest zone, hence the choice of this clear weather area on top of the mountains. He died before the castle was completed leaving this Mountain peak with great ruins that really looks awesome. The castle ruins lie on the same altitude as Machu Picchu but with no surrounding greenery, hence it’s a bit less famous.
- Departs From: Cairo
- Meeting Point: Hotel pick-up
- Duration: 3 Days / 2 Nights
- Available Languages: English/Arabic.
- Tour availability: 1 Oct to 30 Apr
Price & Price Details
Min. group size 4 person.
- Children 11 years of age and below accompanying parents, 40% discount.
- Please note that price is based on the exchange rate of the bank, any significant change in exchange rates will affect the trip price accordingly.
- Private modern air conditioned transportation from Cairo to Saint Catherine city.
- 2 night accommodation at base camp in Saint Catherine.
- 2 Dinners & 2 breakfasts at the base camp.
- Group hiking gear & equipment.
- 2 water bottles per person per day.
- English speaking tour leader. [French & Arabic leaders available upon request]
- Registration fees.
- Taxes and service charges.